Camp Endres Senior: Ages 13-18: June 30-July 6, 2013; Central Christian Camp, Guthrie, OK
Camp Endres Junior: Ages 8-12: July 28-August 3, 2013; YMCA Camp Classen, Davis, OK
Click here to download the 2013 Camp Endres brochure!
Welcome toCampEndres. Relax. Be yourself. Let’s have some fun!
CampEndresis a summer camp for children and teens with diabetes. We know that kids like to come to Camp Endres because of all the fun activities such as swimming, horseback riding, archery, boating, hiking, fishing, climbing The Wall and Capture the Flag to name a few. But there’s so much more…
By increasing the exposure of these children and teens to diabetes education, disease management training and socialization with others who share similar experiences living with diabetes, campers can live a happy and healthy life with diabetes. Campers of all ages not only learn from their own problem solving methods but they watch other campers problem solve with counselors and medical staff. They learn from their own situations as well as from others. CampEndres is truly a life changing experience.
Goals of Camp Endres: The goals of all Diabetes Solutions camping programs are to:
- Increase campers’ knowledge of diabetes by providing a healthy and mentally stimulating education program in combination with recreational fun.
- Improve campers’ diabetes management problem solving skills and abilities through hands-on activities.
- Increase campers’ self esteem and confidence, and facilitate increased independence by offering opportunity to meet others with diabetes and shared life experiences.
- Promote appropriate emotional and physical growth and development of campers that will continue long after the camp experience ends.
- Create a sense of living well with diabetes for all members of the family.