Camp Endres is a summer camp for children and teens with diabetes. Kids like to come to Camp Endres because of the many fun activities we have planned for them – swimming, horseback riding, archery, boating, hiking, fishing, climbing The Wall and playing capture the flag, just to name a few. But Camp Endres is more than just fun and games.
By increasing the exposure of these children and teens to diabetes education, disease management training and socialization with others who share similar experiences living with diabetes, campers with diabetes can live a happy and healthy life.
Campers of all ages not only learn from their own problem solving methods, but they watch other campers problem solve with counselors and medical staff. They learn from their own situations as well as from others. Camp Endres is a truly life changing experience.
Dates & Locations
- Camp Endres Senior, Ages 13 – 18
SATURDAY, July 2, 2016 – FRIDAY, July 8, 2016 at Central Christian Camp in Guthrie, OK
- Camp Endres Junior, Ages 8 – 12
Sunday, July 31, 2016 – Saturday, August 6, 2016 at YMCA Camp Classen in Davis, OK
- Download the 2014 Camp Endres brochure.
Goals of Camp Endres
The goals of all Diabetes Solutions camping programs are to:
- Increase campers’ knowledge of diabetes by providing a healthy and mentally stimulating education program in combination with recreational fun.
- Improve campers’ diabetes management problem solving skills and abilities through hands-on activities.
- Increase campers’ self esteem and confidence, and facilitate increased independence by offering opportunity to meet others with diabetes and shared life experiences.
- Promote appropriate emotional and physical growth and development of campers that will continue long after the camp experience ends.
- Create a sense of living well with diabetes for all members of the family.
Past Camp Endres Experiences